The following is a short list of Internet places I regularly visit. Most of them are in my RSS reader. I try not to promote companies or big publishers here.
- Rubenerd - a very old personal blog of Ruben. FreeBSD, anime, retro computing and general life thoughts. New posts daily! A really cool guy.
- Brain Baking - an interesting blog about broader engineering culture, retro gaming, and a wide variety of random topics.
- Grumpy Gamer - Ron Gilbert’s (of Monkey Island and Thimbleweed Park fame) personal blog. Unfortunately, Ron writes mostly on Mastodon.
- Data Gubbe - an A/N blog of a fellow nerd. Very rarely corrected.
- bht - a blog about the internet, Linux, and programming.
- Dan Wood - vlog about old and unknown hardware/software. Fascinating stuff!
- Fabien Sanglard - one of the greatest sites on the Web full of detailed technical explanations of games of the past. The primary inspiration for the look of my blog.
- Jonathan Blow - vlog of the creator of Braid and The Witness. Very opionionated stuff.
- Julia Evans - perhaps the greatest technical writer for web devs out there outside of thick books.
- Irreal - daily updates about Emacs and computing since 2011.
- Sacha Chua - a weekly summary of Emacs on the Web.
- Protesilaos Stavrou - philosopher turned Emacser.
- System Crafters - home of the best video tutorials on Emacs.
- Vermaden - if you want to run FreeBSD as an end-user, Vermaden most likely has a lof answers for you.
- Garry H. Tech - general FreeBSD vlogs.
- Robo Nuggie - another general FreeBSD vlogs.